Elegance of the Nile - Cairo Deck, Winter 2021-2022
Brochure Type: Latin America Luxury Gold 2021
The father of African rivers the Nile has long been a reflection of Egypt's history and destiny - an economic lifeline, a great highway to conquest and a source of inspiration throughout the centuries. The banks of this great river served as the stage for the evolution and decay of advanced ancient civilisations in the ancient world. Now it is your turn to be inspired as history and spiritual wonders are revealed at every turn.
- Nile Cruise: Enjoy an onboard gala reception and dinner.
- Luxor: Visit a family home and witness the making authentic Egyptian sun bread.
- Nile Cruise: Join the fun at an Egyptian dinner and galabeya party.
- Nile Cruise: Enjoy an evening of dinner and traditional Egyptian belly dancing.
- Aswan: Like Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie before you enjoy high tea in colonial English-style at Aswan's famous Old Cataract Hotel.
- Nile Cruise: Enjoy dinner accompanied by a Nubian folklore show.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B), 7 Lunches (L), 1 Afternoon Tea (AT), 7 Dinners (D) all with bottled water, tea or coffee. Festive Highlight Dinners: 21 Dec includes an additional New Year's Eve Highlight Dinner in Cairo and 28 Dec includes a New Year's Eve Highlight Dinner onboard the Nile Cruise.
- Giza: With your Egyptologist, meet the enigmatic Sphinx and venture deep inside one of the pyramids, to the chambers where the pharaohs went to meet their Gods in the afterlife.
- Sakkara: Witness the Step Pyramid of King Zoser that dates back over 4,700 years.
- Memphis: Led by your Travelling Concierge, explore this ancient capital and see the magnificent statue of Ramses II and the Alabaster Sphinx.
- Giza: If only these walls could talk! Oh, but they do at the audio visual Sound & Light Show at the Great Pyramids.
- Cairo: During your visit to the Egyptian Museum with your Egyptologist, gaze upon the most recognisable symbols of ancient Egypt: the full-faced funeral mask, gold coffin, gilded throne and precious jewellery - Tutankhamun's treasure.
- Cairo: Board your included flight to reach Luxor.
- Karnak: Stand amid a vast forest of columns in the largest temple complex known to man.
- Dendera: Visit the Temple of Hathor and see the rare depiction of Cleopatra VII and Caesarian.
- Luxor: Visit the Temple of Luxor, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- West Bank: See the might Colossi of Memnon, guarded by two giant seated figures of Amenhotep III.
- Valley of the Kings: Embark on an experience with an Egyptologist as you venture to the Necropolis where many pharaohs were laid to rest. See the royal tombs and visit the Temple of Hatshepsut.
- Kitchener's Island: On a traditional Nile felucca, meet a sailor and learn the art of sailing this ancient Nile craft as you cruise around Kitchener's Island.
- Aswan: During your visit to Aswan High Dam and the granite quarries, witness one of Queen Hatshepsut's unfinished obelisk.
- Philae Island: Travel by motorboat to the island of Philae and visit the Temple of Isis which appears to rise from the waters.
- Aswan: Travel to a small Nubian village, visit a traditional dwelling of a local family and enjoy Nubian-style hospitality.
- Kom Ombo: Visit the unique double-temple of Kom Ombo, dedicated to both the crocodile-headed Sobek and the falcon god, Horus the Elder. This is one of the Nile Valley's most beautifully sited temples.
- Esna: Visit Esna Temple, dedicated to the god of creation, the ram-headed Khnum.
- Luxor: Catch your final glimpse of the Nile onboard your included flight back to Cairo.
- Cairo: Sightseeing with your Travelling Concierge includes a visit to the Citadel along with Mohammed Ali's Alabaster Mosque and a visit to the Khan El Halili bazaar.
- Giza: As far as hotels go, there are few that compare to the five-star Mena House Hotel. Having welcomed numerous heads of state over the years, you'll have the opportunity to bask in its storied history, while benefiting from its modern luxury. Wake up to stunning views of the pyramids from the balcony of your decadent room.
- Luxury Cruising: For the ultimate in luxury and refinement, set sail on the deluxe, all-suite River Tosca. Experience old world elegance blended with modern amenities and comfort. The spacious suites are tastefully designed with marble bathrooms. Outside on the sun deck, the pool and shaded cabanas offer an oasis of calm to relax and enjoy the ever-changing scenery.
- Cairo: Perfectly located on the western bank of the Nile, the Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence puts you at the heart of it all. Enjoy elegance in both service and style, with rooms featuring stylish colonial decor and an open-air, rooftop pool offering stunning city views.
- Luxor: Visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of the temple of Luxor after hours for an exclusive VIP experience and marvel at this ancient monument.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges and certified Egyptologist, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Luxury Gold is proud to offer various modes of transportation, from luxury coach to included flight to overnight river cruise and more, so that you always travel in comfort and experience your journey and destination in the best possible and most appropriate way.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels. See Notes in the pricing panel for exemptions.
- From time to time, your Travel Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates, when flights are included within the itinerary and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Guests will be transferred with fellow Luxury Gold Travellers that arrive on the same flight. Complimentary port transfers are included when cruise travel is included within the itinerary. Transfers to train stations or alternate hotels, in the same start or end city of the itinerary, may be requested but are not guaranteed.
Call (781) 246-3737 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15519646
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Cairo||Cairo at leisure.: Welcome to Egypt - a mystical and timeless land, where the ancient and modern world live side by side. On arrival in Cairo, you will be met at the airport and transferred to the Mena House Hotel, your luxury five-star accommodation for the next two nights. Having welcomed numerous heads of state over the years, you'll be treated to the same luxuries, and striking views of the pyramids from the private balcony of your room. Freshen up before joining your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for a Welcome Drink at the hotel.|
Mena House Hotel (Pyramid View), Cairo.
|Day 2||Cairo||Cairo sightseeing.: In the morning, join your Travelling Concierge, a knowledgeable Egyptologist, who will guide you as you delve into the country's fascinating history. Head for one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, the great Pyramids of Giza. Venture inside the Pyramids and visit their guardian Sphinx. Built for Pharaoh Khufu between 2560 and 2540 BCE, the Great Pyramid was the tallest man-made structure in the world until 1311. Continue to Sakkara, to see the Step Pyramid of King Zoser, the oldest in the world, dating back to 2700 B.C. Nearby lies Memphis, the famous capital of ancient Egypt. See the colossal statue of Ramses II and the great Alabaster Sphinx. Later, return to Giza as night falls to attend a mesmerising Sound & Light Show at the world-famous Pyramids. (Breakfast)|
Mena House Hotel (Pyramid View), Giza.
|Day 3||Luxor||Join your cruise in Luxor.: Wake early and transfer to the airport for your flight to Luxor. Famed for its ancient treasures and the grandeur of its monuments, this beautiful city is a treasure trove for those looking to delve further into Egypt's grand history. On arrival head to Karnak, the largest temple complex ever built by man. This striking complex was constructed over a period of 1,500 years. Walk through the avenue of ram-headed sphinxes, past the statue of Rameses II, to stand in awe among the huge columns of the vast Hypostyle Hall. Later, board your luxury cruise ship, one of the most stylish and spacious in Egypt. The all-suite River Tosca provides a relaxing and comfortable setting for guests as they cruise the legendary Nile River. Featuring a stylishly adorned lounge, with full-service bar, a cosy library, restaurant, fitness rooms and swimming pool, you'll take in the sights in the utmost luxury. In the evening, enjoy an onboard gala reception and dinner. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 4||Luxor||The Temple of Hathor and Luxor.: Head to the Temple of Hathor in the morning. Built in the 1st century B.C., it remains one of the best-preserved temples in all of Egypt and contains a rare depiction of Cleopatra VII and Caesarian, her son with Julius Caesar. Return to Luxor for some leisure time before an exclusive, after hours visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Temple of Luxor. Founded in 1400 B.C. during the Golden Age of Thebes, the temple complex blends in seamlessly with surrounding city. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 5||The West Bank and Valley of the Kings||The West Bank and Valley of the Kings.: Travel to the West Bank of the Nile. Stop for photos at the Colossi of Memnon - these gigantic twin stone statues of Amenhotep III once guarded his mortuary temple. Venture on to the amazing Temple of Hatshepsut, Egypt's first female pharaoh who ruled from 1479 to 1458 B.C. It has only recently been reopened after years of reconstruction. Next, head to the Valley of the Kings, one of the most famous archaeological sites in the world and the burial place of Tutankhamun, whose mummified remains are still on display. Later, experience a warm welcome as you meet a local family and take a tour of their village. As you stroll through the streets, hear stories of local life and the importance of family contribution, ensuring all members of the village are looked after. Part of this is the baking of traditional sun bread, where each group of families in the village will have their own bakery oven. A member from each group is chosen to be the assigned baker to provide bread to the community. Watch as the family demonstrates the bread making process and enjoy a taste of the delicious bread, paired perfectly with a cup of warm tea. In the evening, join in the fun at an Egyptian dinner and a lively galabeya party. Perhaps ask your Travelling Concierge for tips on where to buy your own traditional Egyptian gown? (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 6||A Felucca Around Kitchener's Island||A Felucca Around Kitchener's Island.: Visit the unique double-temple of Kom Ombo, dedicated to both the crocodile-headed Sobek and the falcon god, Horus the Elder. In this sacred place near the riverbank, captive crocodiles were worshipped in life and mummified after death. Then, begin your return voyage along the Nile. Back on board, relax and enjoy a visual feast as you cruise along the Nile to Aswan. Stretch out on a Nile felucca, a traditional sailboat, for a peaceful ride around Kitchener's Island. Known for the Aswan Botanical Garden and its tropical plants and palm trees, this petite island is less than a kilometre long. Later, join the likes of Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie before you, with a colonial-style high tea at the Old Cataract Hotel. In the evening, you will indulge on dinner aboard the ship, before you are treated to an Egyptian belly dancing performance. (Breakfast / Lunch / Afternoon Tea / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 7||Aswan||Aswan and High Dam.: Sightseeing today includes a visit to the modern Aswan High Dam and the ancient Granite Quarries, where one of Queen Hatshepsut's obelisks lies abandoned in the bedrock. Cross the Nile by motorboat to the well-preserved Philae temple complex. Revered by locals, it was moved stone-by-stone to its current location to avoid being ruined by rising water levels, following the construction of the High Dam. Next, take a small boat along the banks of the Nile with the birdman of Aswan. Keep a look out for colourful native birds as you travel to his small Nubian village. Visit the traditional dwelling of a local family and enjoy Nubian-style hospitality as you learn more about the area's unique culture. Sit back and relax as you enjoy a cup of tea, great company and a breathtaking sunset. Once on-board your stylish and spacious cruiser, savour a Highlight Dinner accompanied by a Nubian folklore show and live music. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 8||Relax upon the Nile||Relax upon the Nile.: The morning is at leisure to relax or explore, or maybe take a Locally Available Experience by air to Abu Simbel? These fabulous temples were carved out of the cliff side by Rameses II and later transported, in an amazing feat of modern engineering, out of the rising waters of Lake Nasser. In the afternoon, begin your return voyage along the Nile river, lined by a green ribbon of fertile land and watch the arid desert beyond pass you by. The river continues to play a vital role in everyday life. In scenes that have hardly changed for centuries, residents swim, bathe, work and play along its shores while water buffalo graze in nearby fields. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 9||Luxor||From Esna to Luxor.: Start your day with a visit to Esna Temple. Situated in the centre of Esna, this fascinating and highly decorated building is dedicated to the ram-headed God Khnum, the God of creation. Built between 180 and 45 BC, you can still see the well-preserved carvings that the Romans added in the 3rd century AD. Later, sit back and observe everyday life in rural Egypt as you float downstream to Luxor, often referred to as the world's greatest open air museum. In the evening, you'll indulge on a delicious Celebration Dinner on the River Tosca. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 10||Cairo||Luxor to Cairo.: In the morning fly to Cairo where you'll visit the towering Alabaster Mosque, commissioned by Muhammad Ali Pasha between 1830 and 1848. Enjoy incredible hilltop views over the city from the imposing Citadel of Salah El Din. This massive 12th century compound was home to Egypt's rulers for more than seven hundred years. Next, wander the streets of Khan el-Khalili, a major souk in the historic centre of Islamic Cairo, where you will be dazzled by the colourful and lively atmosphere. Visit the Egyptian Museum, to witness the priceless treasures recovered from the Tomb of Tutankhamun. Check into your famous hotel built to attract the nobility of Europe, the Four Seasons at the First Residence. (Breakfast)|
Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence.
|Day 11||Depart Cairo||Depart Cairo.: It's time to say goodbye to your fellow travellers, as you wake early for your transfer to Cairo Airport. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person, based on Cairo Deck Grand Suites for cruising portion and include port charges. Gratuities are not included for the Travelling Concierge, Drivers, Local Experts, Airport Escorts or Nile Cruise Crew. The above prices include internal return economy airfares Cairo to Luxor. Visas: Some passports may require Visas, please speak to your Travel Agent at time of booking to assess your requirements.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class