GLOBUS 2022: Rocks & Rhythm: Portugal By Design (FP)
8 days from Lisbon to Lisbon
Sparkling wine or soulful Fado? Portuguese pastries or pastel plazas? Spend a day retracing the Knights Templar or your nights reveling in foodie traditions. With complimentary YourChoice Excursions, you choose how to sip or sway in this land of poets, painters, and pastries. This 8-day vacation through Portugal is pure poetry in motion. Why This Tour Tapas Our List:
- A pick-up-your-feet, kick-up-your-skirt (or pants) journey through Portugal's rocky seascapes and rhythmic sounds.
- The perfect blend of medieval majesty, cinematic scenery, tradition-rich towns & vinho verde!
- Included YourChoice Excursions in Tomar and Coimbra.
- Knight Moves!
Call (781) 246-3737 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15833186
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2021
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Lisbon||Welcome to Lisbon! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at a local restaurant. (D)|
|Day 2||Tomar||LISBON Guided sightseeing includes a photo stop at Belem Tower and the Monument to the Discoveries.SANTAREM Orientation includes the Church of the Holy Miracles. (B)|
|Day 3||Tomar||TOMAR Guided sightseeing includes the Convent of Christ. YourChoice Excursions include one of the following activities of your choice:STROLL: Wax Poetic in PortugalTake a short drive from Tomar to the poem village of Constancia. Take a stroll to visit the Parish Church, and the Camoes vegetable garden. Explore the River and the Maritime Arts Museum, then board a boat to see one of Portugal's jewels of military architecture the castle of Almourol, standing tall on a small island in the middle of the river Tagus. Learn about the symbolism of Templars as you promenade your way through the castle grounds. TASTE: Tapas This! Walk through the charming city of Tomar and be amazed by the monumental, artistic and religious buildings. Hear the secrets held by these remarkable sites, including the castle of the legendary Knights Templar. Along the way stop at three local taverns in the historical part of the city to taste local specialties.(B)|
|Day 4||Coimbra||DORNES Orientation walk of the village and free time. COIMBRA Visit the University. Dinner with regional specialties at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Coimbra||COIMBRA YourChoice Excursions include one of the following activities of your choice:SIP: Bubbly Below Bairrada Discover the Bairrada region in the ancient province of Beira Litoral. Stretching along Portugal's central coastline, it is blessed with an Atlantic climate of mild and rainy winters and summer sea winds that create the perfect place for prized Portuguese wines. Discover two wine producers continuing their tradition of more than 90 years of wine-making as you visit their wine cellars to tempt your taste buds with their award-winning sparkling wine. CLAP: Fancy Some Fado? Walk through the charming city of Tomar and be amazed by the monumental, artistic and religious buildings. Hear the secrets held by these remarkable sites, including the castle of the legendary Knights Templar. Along the way stop at three local taverns in the historical part of the city to taste local specialties.(B)|
|Day 6||Coimbra||COIMBRA YourChoice Excursions include one of the following activities of your choice: FLOAT: Art Nouveau in Aveiro Take a canal cruise on the Ria de Aveiro to explore the four waterways of the city known as the Portuguese Venice. Float along the main source of Aveiro's wealth and heritage, and discover the city's heart and soul while crossing its serene water roads. Passing by the City Center, you'll discover the colorful buildings that reflect the delightful Art Nouveau movement in this city where the past and present blend to reveal a remarkable landscape! A light lunch at a local restaurant is the perfect ending to this artful adventure. PEDAL: Rolling on the River This leisurely bike ride through Coimbra includes a visit to Mata do Choupal, Parque Verde, and Fluvial Beach in Rebolim. You'll ride by two iconic bridges in Coimbra and discover breathtaking views of the Mondego River. Enjoy a traditional Portuguese lunch in a restaurant along your route. TASTE: The Sweet Side of Portugal Satisfy your sweet tooth in a tiny town halfway between Lisbon and Porto and indulge in Pasteis de Tentugal. These irresistible thin, flaky pastries filled with rich egg custard and dusted with powdered sugar were created by the resident Carmelite nuns in the 16th century! Hear the history of Tentugal as you learn how its favorite confection is made, while enjoying a perfectly paired glass of wine or cup of tea.(B,L)|
|Day 7||Lisbon||MAFRA Orientation walk includes the Monastery.LISBON Farewell dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Lisbon||Your vacation ends with breakfast in the morning. (B)|
- Important Notes
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).